My dad leaving agaIn for work

I’ve been vocal, that I am a certified daddy’s girl. My dad is a seaman. He sacrifices being not with us to earn living for the family, so he can send us to expensive schools and provide more than what we need.

My dad just got back from abroad last August 13 (exactly on his birthday). Just a while ago, we receive a news from him that he’ll be leaving tomorrow to relieve a chief captain because his mother died. Knowing my dad, he would immediately accept the offer. That’s how dedicated he is. It’s not that it’s new to us. It happened so many times, when my dad did not made it to my college graduation because he had to leave few days before my big day.

It’s just been three weeks since we spent with him. Well, as for my mom she’s hadn’t gotten enough of the cuddling with my dad. I also rarely spend time with him since it’s already late when I arrive from work.

Oh well, I don’t want to be emotional when we are saying goodbyes in the airport. I never grew old with the crying stuff when my dad had to leave. Same goes with my mom. I’m going to miss him again just like the 4 year old little girl 😢

I pray always for his safety. I love my dad. I look up to him despite of his intolerable philosophies in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment