Multiply Shutting Down on Dec 1st 2012

Muliply a free blog hosting and social networking site announced that it will be shutting down its social networking feature rather focus on building an e-commerce site or online-shopping.


I’ve been an avid user of Multiply in College. It is where I did my first blog and repository of all my photos. Every single event in my college life is captured in Multiply. That is why it breaks my heart to read a notice that Multiply will be discarding social networking content which means they will be removing the uploaded photos, videos etc.


Just like the social networking pioneer Friendster, Multiply finally submits to the social networking battle. Rather it focus in more profitable business of offering e-commerce site.



Just recently, few months ago. I decided to update my albums and upload the new photos taken from last year only to find out that I’ll be needing to back up all those photos.


They assured their users though, that they will be providing easy way to download all the stuffs that has been uploaded to multiply. But then, I’ll be allotting one day to backup my albums.



No comments:

Post a Comment