Don’t pressure me I panic


I had a lunch meeting at Chili’s a while ago with my most favorite client (yah I know I’m so bias). The reason why this account is my favorite is because they contribute more than half my quota every year, their team is straightforward and most importantly they are well versed with their requirement.

Speaking of which, I have encountered a client (just recently) who is not quite sure of what their requirement is. The thing is they are pretty much unsure of what they need from what they want which is making things more complicated. Apart from it I am receiving indecent proposal from the contact person who is asking me out for dinner. I answered him in a professional manner, that it is already beyond office hour already… blah blah blah (in short I have rejected his offer). Unfortunately, he took this so badly that he sent me an email novel saying how unsatisfied he is with our service and if we still want to push with this project.

At circumstances like this, I am always caught off guard. Do I need to stoop that low just to close the deal? To think that project is not visible at all. I feel so bad because I am deprived the liberty of defending myself and I want to ask for some respect. It just saddens me when some people are so unprofessional to act that way. Definitely going out with client beyond office hours is not part of my JD. Besides I am not that kind of girl, I want to take things at most professional manner as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment