What Struck Me this Pentecost

I am religiously attending a charismatic group every Monday in Pathways Ortigas at Poveda. This is held by Ligaya ng Panginoon a religious charismatic group. I was invited by our head of operations Ms. Aly Capote last year together with my colleagues. So far, we have finished the whole Choices seminar and now we are officially member of Pathways Ortigas.


At the end of the Choices seminar we have this “blessing of the Holy Spirit". I was expecting to be struck just like the others. Some are in complete meditation and crying. I am one of those that were smiling after being prayed over. Maybe I was over expecting of how it will affect me.


So come this Monday the feast of Pentecost which I have no idea at all. Brother Bobby Quitain one of my favorite speakers from Ligaya talked about the Pentecost. My favorite part of the talk is when he explained the following, “God in Us", “God before us", and “God with Us".


We started praying. Brother Bobbi initiated the worship portion. At my surprise each word struck me like tiny bullets penetrating my heart


The highlight of it was the healing. The healing may refer to physical, spiritual or emotional healing. Our proxy-group leader approached to have me prayed over. To my surprise, at the very moment she asked me what I want her to pray for, tears began swelling In my eyes like Niagara falls. I was overwhelmed at that time. So she asked me, what I wanted to pray for. My answer should have been, “I wanted to pray for the big account that I am working for. It’s very timely since I just received a bad news from them". But different set of words came out from my mouth which struck me… I replied, I’ve been asking the Lord, what He wants me to do… and what I really want to do… Now, I realize all I wanted to do was to serve our Lord." I keep on saying that, I was so speechless and I can’t help myself from crying.



After which, I started praying for other people. I prayed for Ms. Agnes my office mate who has been undergoing some problems with her family. I started praying for Marko for his career. My heart keep on exclaiming words of praise.

The whole night during my sleep, I keep on thanking the Lord. As I woke up, I still felt the same ecstasy during our prayer meeting. The Holy Spirit is truly working in me. It’s amazing how the Holy Spirit works on our hearts and how it hits us on the right spot. I wish I can share the same feeling to other people. That was first time I ever felt contentment in my life. The anxieties that I felt that time was flushed in an instance.



finally, I get to answer my question, what Pentecost is. Pentecost is the descent of the Holy Spirit which I personally experienced. I’m glad that I have the Holy Spirit within me. I feel more secured and confident as I lay my trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment