BIG BEAUTIFUL WOMAN


Being skinny has been a trend nowadays, you can see it in malls, print ads, schools, etc. etc. etc.  Who doesn’t want to have sexy figure anyway? 


There has been numbers of articles flooding in the internet and prints encouraging women to be sexy which simply connotes that a sociocultural norm of being attractive means having an hour-glass-body.


I remember a painting which I really adored in college. I found out that it was during the baroque art era, a famous flemish painter at his time Sir Paul Peter Rubens has fondness of painting full-figured women gave rise to the terms ‘Rubensian’ or ‘Rubenesque’ for plus-sized women.


One of his famous work-of-art and my favorite painting is Venus at the Mirror (1965). (as shown above).


Imagine the goddess of love and beauty having this outward curves. Then why should I be ashamed of mine then? :)


I think this only shows as that we should give acceptance to what ever weight others can be. Like what I always said “love your curves". Being pretty or beautiful means being confident and accepting what you are. You might end up skinny though, but its not giving you the freedom to enjoy yourself but giving the benefit to those who admire your body.


As what a gym nutritionist consultant have told me, “If you want to get that body, then do it because you want to get fit and healthy not because you want to give pleasure to your fanciers"

No comments:

Post a Comment