Charitable Long Weekend



 

This was the most fruitful long weekend I had. I am overwhelmed because I was given a chance to volunteer to help our fellow kababayans in Laguna who are still flooded due of the past Monsoon. Saturday, I was informed by Marko that there community is forming an outreach program on Monday. Without any hesitation I offered my help.


Come this Sunday afternoon, we prepared the potatoes. Apparently, I cut my three fingers while slicing the potatoes in cubes.



Monday morning, we need to wake up early so we can start doing packed lunch. Our quota is 3,600 packed lunch to be distributed in two evacuation centers in Laguna. We started packing 6am till 10am.


We visited a public school in San Pedro Laguna which served as evacuation center to affected families. Our next stop was a vacant lot, where shelter box or tent served temporary shelter. These shelter box according to some source was donated by rotary public. It looks so sturdy and neat.



We were able to feed thousands of people in our outreach from four different sites in San Pedro. It was also a miracle because it’s as if the packed lunch had multiplied so it can accommodate all the families to be fed.


This was a heartfelt experience for me since not everyone is given a chance to help our fellow kababayans. I find the charity work rather addictive because nothing can ever compensate the joy of helping others. No wonder we have courageous volunteers during this kind of calamity.


No comments:

Post a Comment