THE SILENT TREATMENT


Most of us think that our boyfriend has a psychic capability and expect them to do what they’re supposed to by giving them the silent treatment.


Usual scenario… Gutom si girl friend…


BF : Saan mo gusto pumunta?


GF : <silent, naka tingin sa labas ng sasakyan>


BF : Okay ka lang?


GF : <silent pa din, thoughts: Obvious ba gutom ako?…>


BF : Nagugutom ka ba? Saan mo gusto kumain?


GF : <silent pa din, thoughts: Buti naman alam mo na…>


BF : Kausapin mo naman ako…


Dead Air.



Girls don’t only do it with their boyfriends but with their girlfriends too. Which I’m so guilty about and experienced it one way or another. By doing so, you try to ignore someone’s existence no matter what they do to get your attention. The problem is you are already inflicting pain to that person emotionally. The more you give others cold shoulders, the more you are pissing yourself. Which only means it won’t do you any good.


During the silent treatment with my boyfriend he told me, “Wala ako dito para makipag-away" Of course, I remained silent. “Hindi ko alam tumatakbo sa utak mo…" and yet I expect him to somehow know how I feel. The worst thing  that I did, I made him suffer by being happy with my friends while ignoring him all along. Not realizing, I was already making him feel worthless because I’m not giving him any chance to fix the problem. I make him think clueless what might be the reason and what’s wrong.


It’s like a reflex. Once somebody do us wrong we don’t nag them because we know that silent treatment can make them suffer. And that will be our sweet revenge.  BUT, not communicating the problem won’t solve the problem. It’s also our way to calm ourselves, specially when your not sure about the approach you should do. It would be much better if you just stay away for awhile to give yourself a time to think and pull yourself together. But still it depends on how grave the situation is.


Now I therefore conclude that the best cure to silent treatment is being OPEN and  OPEN-MINDED.


Much better if…


BF : Saan mo gusto pumunta?


GF : nagugutom na ako… Hanap tayo ng makakain.


BF : Naku, ganon ba. Sige…


Eh di hindi ka pa nagutom. Kaya no more silent treatment :P

No comments:

Post a Comment