Search For the Make-Up Artist



Booking the right hair and makeup artist (HMUA) is the most crucial thing for a bride same goes with picking the right designer. It’s a make or break in your big day. 

There are lots of makeup artist, some of which are wannabes which you hopefully don’t end up with. The old saying goes “To see is to believe”, that’s why trial make-up is strictly recommended. You only get it for FREE on wedding trade shows. 

I got my first make-up trial at Theme’s and Motif’s grand wedding bazaar in SMX MOA. Makeup Artist, Ria de Guzman. She has a great wedding and debut portfolio. However, the makeup I got from her didn’t match the look I am expecting to achieve.  It was a little bit heavy especially on the eyebrows almost covering up my natural look.



Btw, my sister got her make up too. She loved the curls by Ria’s hairdo artist. However, she also found her makeup heavy.

I also tried attending Bridal Book’s Blush event held in Robinsons Magnolia last 12th of July 2014. It was attended by 13 makeup artists and some suppliers like Skinny Juicery and Triumph. 

My ultimate objective is to book an HMUA who has sense of chemistry with me and can make me beautiful on my W-day. I tried arranging free trial makeup with the makeup artist but as early as 11am they already got a long queue. 

My sister got her trial makeup by Bianca Uy while I got Makeup by Gold (Ms. Gold Sergio-Magtoto). Ms. Gold was so bubbly and animated while she performs her makeup artistry. When it was my turn, the first thing she asked me is what part of my face I wanted to emphasize. I just told her, I wanted it to be light and simple, I don’t want heavy eyebrows. 



My sister - Makeup by Bianca Uy
I love the way she explains the makeup she's applying on my face as she tells about herself on the side. I got to know her during the process. She used to be in the corporate world as Marketing Head of local whitening brand and her husband on the other hand holds a big position in one of the top insurance company, pretty amazing huh? I guess the love for art brought her to being a professional makeup artist which is cool. 


I felt the chemistry so I booked her on the spot plus she’s so accommodating and nice. My “future” in-laws and mom would surely like her.

I managed to take a few pictures of myself while still wearing Gold’s makeup. Photos were taken by my sister. 
I booked for Gold. I got my wedding make-up package at Php15,000 it includes air brush makeup for the bride, groom and 2 Ladies. Php2,000 for the additional heads. 

1 comment

  1. You have posted really nice make up ideas, thank you. I’m making plans for my sister’s wedding next month. Came across eventup which is offering exquisite San Francisco wedding venues with good discount. Planning to book one soon!

    ReplyDelete