It is never too late to invest

Nothing really major happened to me this week. Oh I almost forgot that encounter with my ex, the rest was endless client meetings (not to mention being panel during our presentation last week). This week also, I was fortunate enough to sneak into an investment seminar at PSE Center Ortigas with my mom. We attended COL INVESTMENT PROGRAM: Simple Stock Market Investing.


I got enticed with investment seminar which is very timely since my saving is slowly depleting. I make sure that I am liquidated though. I avoid availing myself to credit cards and I make sure to maintain a threshold in my savings account.


The speaker started talking about making your money sleep in the bank where in normally you get 1 to 3% annual interest rates. On the other hand, these banks are investing those money in buying property and stocks. They are the ones taking risk therefore they are the ones earning more.


Here comes this concept that making your money work for you not letting it sleeps. This would fall in passive income, those income that you get out of your financial investments like mutual fund, equity bond etc. etc. But remind you once you have invested your money, there are two factors to consider: gain and risk. Of course, there would always be a risk in all forms of investment.


The key also is diversification, if you want to secure everything. So that when everything falls down you would always have Plan B, C and D. Your Plan A can be savings for emergency fund, Plan B placing it a mutual fund, Plan C is securing your retirement by availing an insurance plan and Plan D actively participating in stock market.


In the bottom line, start investing as early as now. Stop procrastinating and do what you should do now which is to save and invest your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment