Wedding Bells and Proposals

I’ve been hearing wedding bells and seeing proposal posts by most of my school mates. I guess, this is the getting-settled-season for our batch mates. A part of me feels a pang of envy but then a part of me tells me that there’s nothing to be envious about, because getting married means A LOT OF RESPONSIBILITY. Aside from it, there are lots of things to consider like having kids, being financially stable and independent.

My parents on the other hand is somewhat encouraging me to get married so we can retire at an early age. Most would give me the same advice about having an early retirement. My dad is even willing to adopt his future grandchild in case we are not yet ready to take such responsibility. Yah, I know silly idea from my parents who now wanted to be grandparents.

As for me, a part of me wants to get married. Marko and I have just celebrated our 7th anniversary. I think it’s about time to lay our future plans but then I’m not sure if he has any plans for it yet. I think he does, but not at this point when we are preoccupied of achieving our individual goals. I don’t want to force him to do something he’s not yet ready.

Maybe I’m just envious of the proposals and wedding news going around the net. That’s the dilemma of being a woman, you have wait in vain for someone to propose for you. I’m setting a deadline for myself. A year from now, if there isn’t any progress or definite assurance I would focus myself on being career oriented. For those would ask me if we are planning to get married my reply would be: FOR THE END TIME, NO PLANS OF GETTING MARRIED YET :)

No comments:

Post a Comment