Why I fell in love with Panasonic Lumix Lx3

In terms of photography, I'm a newbie. However, I have this great deal of appreciation for nice photography shots. Nowadays, many people are so inclined with photography class which I'm planning myself to enroll some other days.

To start of, last December 2010 I got this gift box from my boyfriend. To cut long story short how I jumped in happiness when I finally seen my present. It was the Panasonic Lumix LX3, I've been yearning for!

The reason why I fell in love with DMC-Lx3 is because of this picture taken at Pasig river...



This picture was taken by Sherman Liberato whom I consider pro in the field of photography. He was explaining about camera settings, long exposure to achieve scenic picture like this.


DMC LX3 is under the digital still cameras an alternative for DSLR photography  enthusiast. The one thing I love about Lx3 is the ease of use. You don't have to be pro to achieve the shot you want. Apart from being handy compared to bulky and heavy DSLRS, LX3 is very versatile in terms of functions. The program dial gives you different options plus built-in scene modes such as food, sports, portrait, landscape etc. tec.

Here's a sample of a food mode which I have taken few months ago...



Now, if you already have your Lx3 or planning to buy one and you want to maximize its functions. This website would surely help you. http://lbguides.com/cameras/panasonic/DMC-LX3/functions.html. - it showcase step by step videos on how to use LX3.

You might also want to check this site of panasonic, explaining the features of LX3 http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/compact/lx3/manual.html#no03

2 comments

  1. Cool I've looked this camera for a while. Its definately not a cheep camera. A new version was recently released, but it really wasn't much of an upgrade. I think the only difference was it was a little faster. It is definately a alternative to an SLR, but no a replacement.

    SLRs have many things going for them, the most prominant being the sensor. High end SLRs have sensors up to (if I did my math correctly) 36x the size typical compacts. Though the LX3 has a fairly large sensor when it comes to compacts.

    What does this mean for you? Absolutely nothing, because attached to the front of your camera is an atypicaly high quality lens system better than many SLRs kit lenses. I can't do much more than rave about this camera. It is one of the most powerful advanced compacts out there. Not much compares when it comes to it's size and power. I'd love to see the images you can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tobias, I appreciate your comment. I agree, SLR is irreplaceable but Lumix Lx3 can be a great alternative. I'll try to post some pictures taken using Lumix Lx3.

    ReplyDelete