Moving Forward this 2013

I’m still in-touch with my ex-colleagues in ITG to name them Mark, Jack and Les. I call them batch mates only because we are at the same age-bracket. Les was my girl buddy in the team during that time. I remember those days when we held an afternoon break just to talk about our ex-DM.

image

Mark was the first one who decided to leave, next was Les then last year was Jack. Three of them were seeking for greener pasture and a clear career path. They had to leave me behind. Nonetheless, I’m one of the person who convinced them to leave, that they deserve more because they really are potential talents.

Way back 2011, I was ready to leave ITG. However, due to my respect to my superiors I decided to give it one more shot. So I stayed last year. Anyway, I still have to prove myself that time because I haven’t reach my target last 2011. I was 2 million short. Other than that, it would be a lost if I leave because they are having hard time hiring account managers.

Last 2012, defines who we are. Promises were spoken once we hit our target such as possible job promotions, possible increase in salary, possible new benefits and larger office. Everybody worked their ass-off for the team. At the end of the year we earned a hundredfold.

Efforts, were taken credit. We had a decent Christmas Party, we were given bonus money and just recently we moved to a larger and conducive office. Then whats next? It’s seems that the picture is not yet clear for me. Do we have to prove another 2013 a hundredfold from last year?

I know that the management is doing their best to give their employee the best. Is it selfish to wish more for yourself? I mean, is it bad to seek for other opportunities that you know would help your career grow? Who doesn’t want to work for multinational companies anyway?

image

So now, having said all this. I’m opening myself for possible opportunities be it in MBA school or new industry because its about time.

image

P.S. I miss you guys (Les, Jack and Mark)

No comments:

Post a Comment